Butter Lettuce Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
Finally a healthy salad that I don’t hate! I’m really trying hard to eat more salad that does not contain ranch, chicken fingers or bacon. As a side to our steak dinner tonight I chose a Butter Lettuce Salad with mixed tomatoes, english cucumbers and arugula to add a kick. The dressing was a Champagne Vinaigrette which was tart, light and refreshing.
The dressing recipe I found off Epicurious.
- Butter Lettuce
- Small Tomatoes (I found a mixed package with orange, yellow and red)
- Arugula – adds a little bit of a spicy sprout-like kick to the saladWash all the vegetables and cut into bite size pieces. Add to a salad bowl and move onto make the dressing.
INGREDIENTS (Champagne Vinaigrette)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Whisk in all the ingredients together and serve over the salad. Enjoy!